Sunday, May 10, 2009

Couple of problems and some new addtions

It’s been a crazy the past two weeks

My new lights have caused an algae bloom and I have spent the better part of the week staying on top of it while fiddling with the light cycle. I think I am on top of it but I think my system has finally reached the point where I need a skimmer. The top of the tank has a thin layer of floating algae which is very smelly.

In a effort to try and buy me some time until I can get the money to buy a skimmer I have added my HOB filter to increase surface aeration and hopefully pick up some of the extra waste.

I have also purchased a few snails and a really cool Anemia Crab (named pincy) he had a great personality in the store but seems a bit shy in his new home so the pictures are not the cool.

I also purchased my first real Coral. I got this frog spawn last Friday and it lost one of its three heads over the next day or so. But over the past few days it is looking great. Now if I can only keep the pencil urchin from knocking it over.

On a side note I have seen the first off spring off my Mushroom growing underneath of it. This is no doubt from the new light. I am very excited for this to take off.

Here is a few pictures enjoy

I found my frogspawn knock off its place




Thanks to my Algae eating friend




I put it in a new place and I think its doing well




The mushroom has finally split hard to see but its on the bottom left side.




My new Anemia Crab if he ever comes out from the rocks he may become one of my favorite additions. Named him Pinchy.




My current Favoirte fish my Scopas tang just has great colours and of course waldo (the yellow watchmen goby who is usually MIA)


No comments:

Post a Comment